No upfront costs!
Photovoltaic/Electric Solar Services in San Diego
San Diego is an enthusiastic proponent of solar services as the large number of units installed in the area proves. Some key aspects are discussed here.
What are Photovoltaic Cells?
Photovoltaic Cells help convert solar radiation into energy that we can use for the same purpose as electricity is used. The cells contain a solar photovoltaic material that performs the conversion. This material may be monocrystalline silicon, polycrystalline silicon, amorphous silicon, cadmium telluride, and others.
Photovoltaic Solar Systems
A whole row of Photovoltaic Cells installed to convert rays from the sun into direct current electricity are together known as the photovoltaic solar systems in San Diego or anywhere else. The number of interconnected solar cells that form the collection of photovoltaic modules to be used at a location depends on the amount of energy to be generated.
Photovoltaic Solar Panels Installation Process
A wide variety of producers and retailers of solar panels are available in San Diego. The process of installation is detailed below.
- Energy Audit: The first step is to ascertain the suitability of the proposed location for the said purpose. Is the house you wish to convert to solar power right for it?
- Location: If the proposed location gets enough sunshine, then decide on the place in or around the building where the panels will be best installed. This maybe the roof, backyard, front lawn, window panes or wherever the rays of the sun most impact. Measure the area under consideration to calculate the energy output.
- Angle of sunlight: Select the side of the house that receives the maximum number of hours of sunlight in a day.
- Panel size: This depends on the area of the location that receives maximum solar rays in the day.
- Solar panel mounts: Three types of mounts are used for putting up the panels: pole mounts, roof-ground mounts, and flush mounts. The mounts are arranged horizontal, vertical, or slanting to catch the sun.
- Roof installation: Use a stud finder to link the panels to your rafters in a roof installation.
- Mark the Spot: Accurately measure and mark the exact spot where the solar panels will be fixed.
- Secure the panels and mounts: Secure with bolts.
- Connecting the panels: Connect the panels to the converter in your home after they are installed. A conduit that is securely in place will serve as this connection.
Save Money with a Photovoltaic Solar
You save on energy bills by using a photovoltaic solar system because of grants and rebates. Once the energy production peaks and goes beyond what you can consume, you sell the excess energy back to the power company at the same price that you are charged for power. This requires that you remain connected to the power grid and that you install a Synchronous Solar Panel Inverter to maintain a dynamic between your solar cells and the power grid. This has become mandatory for San Diego power companies by recent legislation.