No upfront costs!
San Diego Solar Power Costs | Cost of Solar Power | Solar Panels Prices
Are you thinking of doing your bit to save the planet Earth? The idea of putting solar panels on your home or business has never been as compelling as it is now with the Energy Commission and the Go Solar California campaign making it so attractive. Some financial aspects that are of concern to the San Diego resident and need to be addressed are listed below.
How much do solar panels cost in San Diego?
When considering the cost of any project, many aspects have to be viewed together. Likewise for an alternative energy project, you need to figure out the materials cost, the installation cost, maintenance cost, and how much energy you will be saving. In addition, what will be the added value to your home or building as a result of the change must also be thought of. This only means that there is no direct, simple answer that may be taken as a thumb rule. But there are solar power calculators that give you an estimate based on your energy requirements and these are a good starting point in trying to go green.
Is solar power cost effective?
According to The Appraisal Journal, the value of a house in the U.S. is directly proportionate to its energy consumption; the value rises about $20 for every $1 decrease in energy costs. In tangible terms, if your energy bill is presently $500 a year and you save that by installing solar panels, you have added about $10,000 to the value of your home. From this perspective, solar power becomes a very cost effective proposition.
Solar power cost analysis
Cost analysis for solar power in San Diego centers around cost of material as the size of the house is largely irrelevant. The materials cost, however, depends on how much energy you use in a given month on an average, and how much direct sunlight you get where you live. For a single family, the rough costs may come up to approximately $30-40,000. This includes installation, solar panels, inverter box, wiring, etc. You could of course bring down the price by using a do-it-yourself solar panel system or shopping around for a better price for a solar panel system from a retailer.
Solar power cost comparison
The initial investment is then offset by tax rebates or other incentives offered by the government or state. That works out to a saving of 80% of the overall cost. If you consider the remaining 20% or $5000-10,000 you have to pay out of your pocket too much, it is necessary to remember that you have also kept the energy rate increases in years ahead at bay. You also do not get affected by power outages and the grid being down. The more you stay in a solar house in San Diego , the more you recover of your investment and eventually you will recover nearly 3 times your investment during the solar panels’ lifetime. What is even more important, you have helped reduce your carbon footprint and made a difference to the next generation.